Monday, December 14, 2009

Homemade Oreos

It seems like everyone is making Homemade Oreos right now. I have been in the mood for them for awhile, but haven't had a chance to make them! I finally got a minute after the kids were in bed. They are super easy. There are a lot of recipes out there for Homemade Oreos {mostly the frosting changes}, but this is my favorite. I can't remember where I found it, but I have used it for years.



Oreos

2 boxes devils food cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil

Mix all together until there are no lumps. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes. They should start to crack on the top. Put a spoonful of your favorite icing on one and top with another cookie.


Butter Cream Frosting

1/3 C butter, softened
4 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 C milk
a dash of salt

Mix all ingredients to spreading consistency. Add sugar or milk to desired consistency. Add food coloring if you want to. Decorate as you wish.

Store the cookies covered. I find that the cookie softens a bit after the frosting. This time I made red, green, & white frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...