Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Frame Jewelry Holder

I am so excited about this. About 6 months ago my parents gave me this old school frame with AMAZING details. I didn't know at the time what I was going to do with it...until I came across a fun jewelry holder.



Here is what you need:

A large frame
Mesh Wire (found in the fence dept at the hardware store)
S hooks (also at the hardware store)
ribbon
staple gun or E6000

First I primed & painted my frame. Then, you cut the mesh wire with wire cutters to fit inside the frame. My frame was thin plastic so I had to use glue (E6000) to attach it to the back of the frame. If your frame was thicker, you could use a staple gun for the wire mesh & the ribbon. Attach your ribbon to back side of the frame...I used glue again. Now you can hang it up on the wall. Take your s hooks & hang your jewelry from them with the mesh wire.



I linked to Creative Cats Tuesday! Click on the button to go to Poppies at Play. I ♥ this blog!

5 comments:

  1. Cute. You did a great job. My craft room is black/white/yellow. What crafty things could I hang from something like that? Now you got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned about E6000. I'm so excited to try it. I love how your jewelry holder turned out! Very cute!! I didn't know they sold the wire at the hardware store-YAY!!
    Thanks for the link!!
    ~Andy @ poppies at play

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done these too, but I did mine in 10-mesh plastic canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! i made one just like this and i ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...