Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Superman Cupcakes

I saw this a while back (but I can't find it again to give you the link). The boys have just recently discovered Superman ice cream & they love it. We love the colors all swirled together. I saw this & knew that I just had to make them! Yum! They are really simple to throw together!

I think they look tasty from the outside...


But the inside is my favorite!


Here is how you make them:

Start with a vanilla cake mix. Mix it up according to the package directions. Once it is all mixed together...separate the mix into 3 bowl (as equal as you can). Then add your food coloring. I used the Wilton food coloring. You can find the little jars in almost any cake decorating section (Walmart, Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, etc). The blue was Royal Blue. The yellow was Lemon Yellow. The pink was Rose. Prepare your cupcake tins (muffin tins) with liners...you will need about 24. Now, spoon a little less than 1 TBSP of one color into the bottom of each of your cupcake liners. Once you have evenly distributed the first color & used it up...move onto the next color. Then do the same with the last color. I didn't swirl my together, but I think that I might take a toothpick & swirl the colors a little more. Then, bake your cupcakes according to the package directions. Stay tuned...tomorrow I will give you the BeSt EvEr buttercream icing recipe. (pictured on the cupcakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...