Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions

I {usually} love the anticipation of a new year starting. There are so many unknowns of what that year will hold. However, I already know that at the beginning of 2010 my hubby will be going on his own adventure with the Army...so it is hard to get excited about a year without the love of your life. I know that there will still be adventures out there for me & the boys.

Each year I try to make at least one resolution. I am not one to set out with weight or eating healthy goals. I love baking & goodies too much {check out the baking posts}!! This year I wanted to improve something that I have been trying to be better at, but always fall short.

The first is to be better with family birthdays. Whether I send out a card, make a phone call, or a blog post...I would like to acknowledge birthdays. I love birthdays & feel like they should be a HUGE deal. I usually do really well at the beginning, but a few months in I fall short. This year I am broadening my way of reaching out for birthdays {blogging}.

My second is to keep a daily journal. I plan on getting a daily planner & jotting down a few thoughts or activities from the day. If the boys do or say something funny...write it down. I want to be able to look back at all of the memories. I scrapbook, but am WAY behind. I hope that this will be a yearly thing. Every day is a gift & I want to remember how we used that gift.

What are you resolving to do for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...