Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Monkey Bread

I wrote around Christmas about "Christmas Morning Pull Aparts" on my Mommy Guru blog. I have to say...I was a little disappointed. I realized that I DON'T like butterscotch & there started the disappointment. My husband REALLY liked them, but I wanted something more like Cinnamon Rolls. So, along came Angry Chicken & her "bread of the monkey" post. She uses Martha Stewart's Monkey Bread recipe. It sounded more like what I wanted. So, I made it yesterday & YUM!! The only thing that I would change is the icing. For me cinnamon rolls need cream cheese frosting. This is the recipe I would use:

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

Beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt.

I bet you could still use the frozen rhodes rolls. Take what you have & make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...