Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Super Party!!!

As I mentioned before...I am trying to simplify birthday parties. Our superhero party wasn't SUPER simple, but when I went the extra mile...it was for the kids. We made capes & masks out of felt for all of the kids. That was a hit! I had the capes, masks, letters, & the emblem ready to go. Each kid got to pick their color of cape & letter...then we glued them on with fabric glue.



Then, we had an obstacle course for our "Super Hero Training". They loved the obstacle course. We had a slide, hula hoops, a balance beam, & some tunnels for the kids to climb through. They LOVED it!!!



So, part of my "simplify" plan was to order cupcakes from Sam's Club. I have done this before & they are tasty & pretty cheap. I ordered red, royal blue, & bright yellow. My sweet Dad picked them up for me while I finished some things at home. When they arrived...I had a box of pastel pink, yellow, & blue cupcakes. Uh...not what every 6 year old boy wants at his birthday party. I think it bothered me a bit more than Kaden...however Preston refused to eat a pink frosted cupcake. Oh well, Sam's Club is going to make it right...so I can't complain too much. It just didn't do much for my presentation! I forgot to get a picture of all of the cupcakes before we ate them...so here they are after the fact!



I made a fun banner out of felt that I can reuse. I am going to make one for each family member.



Here is another picture of the banner & the party stuff. I love the colors!!!


I made some cute "POW!!!" & "BAM" designs to put on the goodie bags.



The biggest design went on the front & the little design went on the back to seal up the fold. You could print them out using stickers or print them on regular cardstock & use tape.


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...