Sunday, November 1, 2009

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Last week, I was on a quest to find Kaden a Hawaiian shirt for red ribbon week. I'm not sure who came up with the BRILLIANT idea of Hawaiian Day in October especially considering that it has been snowing for the last few days. Now, the only place I could think of to get little big man a Hawaiian shirt in OCTOBER was a thrift store. I found myself driving out to our new DI {twist my arm}. I haven't been out there to check it out since they moved. We managed to find a decent Hawaiian shirt.

Since we were already there I just HAD to wander around. I came across this super cute antique kids desk that we (Kaden & I) both fell in love with. Problem #1: No price tag & Problem #2: I honestly have NO WHERE to keep this adorable little desk. I asked a worker who was right there about the price, but he didn't know. I almost walked away. I SHOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY. I had no intention of pressing the matter any more. Plus, it was destined to be out of my price range...which is next to nothing. Then, the nice worker went to get someone who could price this desk. I was in SHOCK when he priced it at $5.00. How could I walk away from that? So, the boys now know one of their Christmas presents & we have a LARGE task of making room for this desk in their bedroom.



Do I regret it...NO! Hubby even took it surprisingly well. I was prepared for a battle. I really wouldn't have blamed him. The boys share a room & it is beyond full with toys & other kiddo stuff. What better motivation to get rid of stuff? Now, I just need to decide how I am going to refinish it. Any suggestions? What type of sealant would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...