Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Let them EAT cake....

While I am attempting to finish our costumes...I thought I would post some of the cakes that I have made over the last few years. I have wonderful memories of the cakes that my mom made for me growing up & I want my boys to have those too. I really love to bake & create. I am amazed at what you can turn a cake into.

A few years back...I made my first birthday cake. Kaden had a pirate birthday party & we made a pirate ship. I was stressed & excited, but when it was all said & done...I was so proud. From that moment on....I WAS HOOKED.





The next year...I moved onto a homemade frosting, but I still stick with a boxed cake. Here is Preston's train cake. It was fun & pretty easy, but a bit time consuming! He really loved it! Here is the whole cake:



And now some close ups:







Next came little bigger man's horse cake. It was the EASIEST cake. A little cutting & some frosting...TADA!!!!



I made another pirate cake for "talk like a pirate day".



This is my first (& only..so far) attempt at fondant. I even made marshmallow fondant.



This year Preston had a dinosaur party.



And Kaden went with Monkeys. I actually had a SUPER cute monkey cake picked out, but Kaden really wanted these cupcakes. I think that he made a great choice!



The final cake is this one. Simple & delicious!!! **Notice the cake plate...yup I made that. A charger plate, a candle stick, & some E6000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...