Sunday, October 18, 2009

Playdough Cookies

I originally posted this recipe on my other blog, MOMMY GURU. I really love this recipe & thought that I would share it here. I think that I am going to make them this week & use orange & black as the colors. These cookies are really fun & easy to make. My boys love to help make them. You could even put sucker sticks on them & make them a lollipop cookie...hmmm...so many possibilities!



The recipe:

3/4 cup butter (softened)
3 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla (I added 2 tsp)
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1. In large bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, & sugar until fluffy. Add egg & vanilla & mix until smooth.

2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, & salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms.

3. Divide dough into fourths. Tint each with a different color of food coloring. Wrap each color of dough separately & chill for 2 hours.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a small amount of each color & then roll into a snake. Coil the snake starting at one end. Place on cookie sheet & bake for about 8 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. WOW I LOVE THIS! I'm going to have to make some this week! I'll post it back to you when I do :) Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them last night! I had so much fun with it too! I posted a blog about them and linked it back to you :)
    http://trash2mytreasure.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloween-playdough-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...