Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nachos Dulces

This is one of my favorite treats! There is a restaurant near my house that serves Nachos Dulces & we love it! I figured out how to recreate it. There are two ways to make it. I will tell you about both...because I am just nice like that! :) It is really easy & pretty basic.

Here is what you need:

flour tortillas
sugar/cinnamon mixture
canola oil spray
vanilla ice cream
honey butter



This is my favorite way of making this:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. I like to line my cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. That was it is easier to clean up! I used 2 tortillas for my treat. Spray both sides of your tortillas with the canola oil spray. Sprinkle only one side of each tortilla with your cinnamon & sugar mixture. Cut into 8 slices. I usually use a pizza cutter, but you could just use a knife.



Bake for about 10 minutes. Your tortillas need to be crispy like chips, but watch that your sugar doesn't burn. Once they are finished cooking...lay the tortilla "chips" out onto your plate. Drizzle honey butter on the top of your chips. Then scoop your vanilla ice cream on top. I like to sprinkle a little more cinnamon & sugar on the top of the ice cream.



The other variation...that my hubby prefers is instead of baking your tortillas in the oven...heat some canola oil in a frying pan. While your oil is heating, cut your tortillas into 8 pieces. Fry the tortillas until golden brown & then put on a plate covered with a paper towel to drain off the greased. Place the tortilla "chips" onto another plate & sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar. Then continue to layer as above with honey butter & ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been looking for this recipe. This is one of my favorite desserts but I didn't know how to do the "chips." Thank so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...